NDIS Supported Disabilities Services: What We Offer & What It Means to Be a Provider
Did you know there are about 4.3 million Australians living with disabilities? The National Disability Insurance Scheme made it possible for individuals with challenging behaviour and complex needs to get the expert support they need to live free and independent lives.
Here at our Sydney-based agency—Equality Disability and Health Care Services—our committed team members provide many diverse services and supports for our clients. Our passion for caring for others and empowering our clients in their daily live is what empowers us to keep going.
What is the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)?
In 2020, the National Disability Insurance Scheme went into full effect. It provides full funding to individuals, between the ages of 7 and 65, with permanent and significant disability. Funding is given to the individual or their guardians and from there, they can choose which provider(s) best suite their needs to supply goods, services, and support.
NDIS fully supports eligible people with variety of disabilities including intellectual, physical, sensory, cognitive, and psychosocial. For families with children under the age of seven with developmental delays or other disabilities, the NDIS also offers an early childhood approach.
The scheme is completely publicly funding and was created to support disabled individuals through skill-building and finding their independence overtime.
An individual may be eligible for the NDIS, if they are under the age of 65, live in Australia, need support from another person, use special equipment due to a disability, or need support currently to reduce the level of future support. To see if you or a family member qualifies, visit the NDIS eligibility page.
What is a NDIS provider?
With the funding the NDIS provides individuals and their families, they are able to access numerous providers that can supplement and support them through a wide range of services and programs.
Providers can be registered or unregistered. If you choose a registered provider, be assured that they have gone through a rigorous examination by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission to ensure the appropriate standards and services are met.
Our agency, Equality Disability and Health Care Services, is a register NDIS provider with over 35 years of combined experience as a disability services provider. Our agency is focused on helping individuals achieve their goals, become independent, and learn new skills.
We work alongside NDIS plan managers, support coordinators, and community partners to create and manage the connection with our clients. This ensures that we are providing the precise services, activities, and supports to guarantee their complex needs are being met.
Get to Know Equality Disability and Health Care Services
Equality Disability and Health Care Services (EDHCS) is a Northern Beaches Disability Support Services Provider based in Ingleside, Sydney. Our founders—Macy and Sam—laid the foundations for the agency in 2018 to promote equality in all disability and healthcare services. Our agency takes pride in creating a personalised and person-centred approach for every individual that comes into our care.
At the very core of EDHCS is our true passion of caring for people with challenging behaviour and complex needs. Our team is committed to growing and flourishing together so that we can continue to uniquely assist every person in their own way.
Our founders have enjoyed long careers in the healthcare industry: Macy started her career in the Netherlands in the childcare sector. She has worked with variety of clients ranging from special needs children to aged care individuals with Alzheimer’s and dementia. Sam gained a wealth of experience throughout his career working in psychiatric hospitals and offering high intensity one-on-one services.
Visit this page to learn more about the EDHCS founders.
How Equality Disability and Health Care Services Sets Ourselves Apart
When a disabled individual and family come to us for help, we first work with them to complete an in-depth assessment on the challenges they face and how our services could best support their lifestyle and complex needs.
Once the assessment process is through, we develop a comprehensive plan through targeted specialist support so that we can make the biggest impact on their day-to-day lives.
As a disability service provider, we offer an extensive list of NDIS services:
- Assistance Coordinating and Managing Life Stages – At EDHCS we believe that people are at their best when they’re able to independent, and that autonomy is a large component to people with challenging behaviours and complex needs to feel empowered. We help them understand life changes and challenges along with finding suitable living spaces for their needs.
- Assistance in Daily Tasks/Shared Living – We encourage our clients to develop skills that will help them thrive as they transition to living independently. This service includes finding short-term accommodation and additional support.
- Assistance with Travel and Transport – Sometimes getting from one place to the other is the most challenging part of our clients’ days. We collaborate with our clients to find solutions to the many obstacles they face like how to confidently use different forms of transportation.
- Development of Daily Living and Life Skills – We provide a wide array of training and developmental activities that improve our clients’ ability to live independently. These skills will transfer over to their daily lives and help them be successful with any task that springs up from the moment they wake up to the time they go to bed.
- Group and Centre-Based Activities – This service uses group activities to build clients’ social skills and grow their social support. It offers an opportunity to find the confidence in themselves and learn how to trust others. Some of the activities we offer are work opportunities, public services (e.g., beach days, classes, sports, travel, etc.), and social outings.
- High Intensity Daily Personal Activities – Our agency assists our clients with daily tasks such as preparing meals, cleaning their home, and gaining access to their local community.
- Household Tasks and Cleaning – EDHCS provides domestic services and training that will help our clients transition into a more independent lifestyle. Our services include house cleaning, laundry services, household repairs, and garden maintenance.
- Participation in Community, Social and Civic Activities – We are passionate about bringing like-minded individuals together, we believe that building community and bolstering friendships is key to an enriched life. The activities we frequently do with our clients include walks, going to the movies, social events, church events, and theme park trips.
When you come to Equality Disability and Health Care Services you become part of our family. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and always finding new ways to improve ourselves through our individual workers and services.
We would love to work with you and your family. Contact us at 0468 323 405, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit equalityhealthcareservices.com to learn more about our dedicated team and services.